Looking for a clue for todays Wordle or another Word game? Look no further! We got you covered. We got quite a few plausible five letter words starting with sq.
Sometimes the solution is an uncommon word, then It’s time to learn something new. Here’s the definition of a few of these words:
Definition of squat
- Nothing; nothing whatsoever.
- A position assumed by bending deeply at the knees while resting on one's feet.
- (exercise) Any of various modes of callisthenic exercises performed by moving the body and bending at least one knee.
- A building occupied without permission, as practiced by a squatter.
- A place of concealment in which a hare spends time when inactive, especially during the day; a form.
- A toilet used by squatting as opposed to sitting; a squat toilet.
- A sudden or crushing fall.
- A small vein of ore.
- A mineral consisting of tin ore and spar.
- To bend deeply at the knees while resting on one's feet.
- (exercise) To perform one or more callisthenic exercises by moving the body and bending at least one knee.
- To occupy or reside in a place without the permission of the owner.
- To sit close to the ground; to cower; to stoop, or lie close, to escape observation, as a partridge or rabbit.
- To bruise or flatten by a fall; to squash.
- Relatively short or low, and thick or broad.
- Sitting on the hams or heels; sitting close to the ground; cowering; crouching.
- The angel shark (genus Squatina).
Definition of squee
- A cry of squee.
- To squeal with excitement or delight.
- A squeal of excitement or delight.
Definition of squib
- A small firework that is intended to spew sparks rather than explode.
- A similar device used to ignite an explosive or launch a rocket, etc.
- A kind of slow match or safety fuse.
- Any small firecracker sold to the general public, usually in special clusters designed to explode in series after a single master fuse is lit.
- A malfunction in which the fired projectile does not have enough force behind it to exit the barrel, and thus becomes stuck.
- The heating element used to set off the sodium azide pellets in a vehicle's airbag.
- In special effects, a small explosive used to replicate a bullet hitting a surface.
- A short piece of witty writing; a lampoon.
- A writer of lampoons.
- In a legal casebook, a short summary of a legal action placed between more extensively quoted cases.
- A short article, often published in journals, that introduces theoretically problematic empirical data or discusses an overlooked theoretical problem. In contrast to a typical article, a squib need not answer the questions that it poses.
- An unimportant, paltry, or mean-spirited person or thing.
- A sketched concept or visual solution, usually very quick and not too detailed.
- To make a sound like a small explosion.
- To throw squibs; to utter sarcastic or severe reflections; to contend in petty dispute.
Definition of squid
- Any of several carnivorous marine cephalopod mollusks, of the order Teuthida, having a mantle, eight arms, and a pair of tentacles
- A fishhook with a piece of bright lead, bone, or other substance fastened on its shank to imitate a squid.
- (mildly) A sailor in the Navy.
- A quid; one pound sterling.
- To fish with the kind of hook called a squid.
- (parachuting) To cause squidding (an improper, partial, parachute inflation, that results in the sides of the parachute folding in on the center, and pulsating back and forth).
- A motorcyclist, especially a sport biker, characterized by reckless riding and lack of protective gear.