Looking for a clue for todays Wordle or another Word game? Look no further! We got you covered. We got alot (85 of them) plausible five letter words starting with ru.
Sometimes the solution is an uncommon word, then It’s time to learn something new. Here’s the definition of a few of these words:
Definition of ruder
- Somewhat obscene, pornographic, offensive.
- Tough, robust.
- Undeveloped, unskilled, basic.
- Hearty, vigorous; found particularly in the phrase rude health.
Definition of ruffs
- A circular frill or ruffle on a garment, especially a starched, fluted frill at the neck in Elizabethan and Jacobean England (1560s–1620s).
- Anything formed with plaits or flutings like a frill.
- Senses relating to animals.
- A collar on a shaft or other piece to prevent endwise motion.
- An exhibition of haughtiness or pride.
- Tumultuous or wanton conduct or procedure.
- To shape (fabric, etc.) into a ruff; to adorn (a garment, etc.) with a ruff.
- Of a falcon, hawk, etc.: to hit (the prey) without fixing or grabbing hold of it.
- To ruffle; to disorder.
- Of a bird: to ruffle its feathers.
- To boast, to brag.
- To speak in a loud and domineering manner; to bluster, to swagger.
- Arripis georgianus, a fish found in cool waters off the southern coast of Australia; the Australian herring or tommy ruff.
- A bottom-dwelling carnivorous fish of the family Sparidae found in temperate and tropical waters; a porgy or sea bream.
- An instance of ruffing, or an opportunity to ruff, when unable to follow suit.
- A game similar to whist and its predecessor.
- To play a trump card to a trick when unable to follow suit (that is, to play a card of the same suit as the previous or leading card).
- Especially in the form ruff out: to defeat (a card, etc.) by ruffing, thus establishing the master card in the suit led.
- A low, vibrating beat of a drum, quieter than a roll; a ruffle.
- To beat a ruff or ruffle, as on a drum.
- Of a drum, etc.: to have a ruff or ruffle beaten on it.
- Gymnocephalus cernua, a small Eurasian freshwater fish.
- Other species in the same genus.
Definition of rugby
- (usually uncountable) A form of football in which players can hold or kick an ovoid ball. The ball cannot be handled forwards and points are scored by touching the ball to the ground in the area past their opponent’s territory or kicking the ball between goalposts and over a crossbar.
- A loose fitting shirt with a collar, as worn by rugby players.
- Rubber cement, contact cement.