Looking for a clue for todays Wordle or another Word game? Look no further! We got you covered. We got quite a few plausible five letter words starting with mit.
Sometimes the solution is an uncommon word, then It’s time to learn something new. Here’s the definition of a few of these words:
Definition of mitch
- To pilfer; filch; steal.
- To shrink or retire from view; lurk out of sight; skulk.
- To be absent from school without a valid excuse; to play truant.
- To grumble secretly.
- To pretend poverty.
Definition of miter
- A covering for the head, worn on solemn occasions by church dignitaries, which has been made in many forms, mostly recently a tall cap with two points or peaks.
- The surface forming the bevelled end or edge of a piece where a miter joint is made; also, a joint formed or a junction effected by two beveled ends or edges; a miter joint.
- A 13th-century coin minted in Europe which circulated in Ireland as a debased counterfeit sterling penny, outlawed under Edward I.
- A cap or cowl for a chimney or ventilation pipe.
- A gusset in sewing, etc.
- A square with one triangular quarter missing from the outside.
- To adorn with a mitre.
- To unite at an angle of 45°.
Definition of mites
- Any of many minute arachnids which, along with the ticks, comprise subclass Acarina (aka Acari).
- A small coin formerly circulated in England, rated at about a third of a farthing.
- A lepton, a small coin used in Palestine in the time of Christ.
- A small weight; one twentieth of a grain.
- (sometimes used adverbially) Anything very small; a minute object; a very little quantity or particle
- (often used affectionately) A small or naughty person, or one you take pity on; rascal