Looking for a clue for todays Wordle or another Word game? Look no further! We got you covered. We got a few plausible five letter words starting with may.
Sometimes the solution is an uncommon word, then It’s time to learn something new. Here’s the definition of a few of these words:
Definition of mayor
- The chief executive of the municipal government of a city, borough, &c., formerly usually appointed as a caretaker by European royal courts but now usually appointed or elected locally.
- Short for mayor of the palace, the royal stewards of the Frankish Empire.
- Synonym of mair, various former officials in the Kingdom of Scotland.
- A member of a city council.
- A high justice, an important judge.
- A largely ceremonial position in some municipal governments that presides over the city council while a contracted city manager holds actual executive power.
- A local VIP, a muckamuck or big shot reckoned to lead some local group.
Definition of mayos
- A white person.
- A dressing made from vegetable oil, raw egg yolks and seasoning, used on salads, with french fries, in sandwiches etc.
- Any cold dish with that dressing as an ingredient.
- Any cream, for example for moisturizing the face or conditioning the hair, for which the base is egg yolks and oil.
Definition of mayst
- To be strong; to have power (over).
- (auxiliary) To be able; can.
- To be able to go.
- (modal auxiliary verb, defective) To have permission to, be allowed. Used in granting permission and in questions to make polite requests.
- (modal auxiliary verb, defective) Expressing a present possibility; possibly.
- (subjunctive present, defective) Expressing a wish (with present subjunctive effect).
- Used in modesty, courtesy, or concession, or to soften a question or remark.
- To gather may, or flowers in general.
- To celebrate May Day.