Looking for a clue for todays Wordle or another Word game? Look no further! We got you covered. We got quite a few plausible five letter words starting with loc.
Sometimes the solution is an uncommon word, then It’s time to learn something new. Here’s the definition of a few of these words:
Definition of local
- A person who lives near a given place.
- A branch of a nationwide organization such as a trade union.
- A train that stops at all, or almost all, stations between its origin and destination, including very small ones.
- One's nearest or regularly frequented public house or bar.
- A locally scoped identifier.
- An item of news relating to the place where the newspaper is published.
- From or in a nearby location.
- (of a variable or identifier) Having limited scope (either lexical or dynamic); only being accessible within a certain portion of a program.
- (of a condition or state) Applying to each point in a space rather than the space as a whole.
- Of or pertaining to a restricted part of an organism.
- Descended from an indigenous population.
- In the local area; within a city, state, country, etc.
- An anesthetic (anesthetic substance) that causes loss of sensation only to the area to which it is applied.
Definition of locks
- Something used for fastening, which can only be opened with a key or combination.
- (by extension) A mutex or other token restricting access to a resource.
- A segment of a canal or other waterway enclosed by gates, used for raising and lowering boats between levels.
- The firing mechanism.
- Complete control over a situation.
- Something sure to be a success.
- A player in the scrum behind the front row, usually the tallest members of the team.
- A fastening together or interlacing; a closing of one thing upon another; a state of being fixed or immovable.
- A place from which egress is prevented, as by a lock.
- A device for keeping a wheel from turning.
- A grapple in wrestling.
- To become fastened in place.
- To fasten with a lock.
- To be capable of becoming fastened in place.
- To intertwine or dovetail.
- (break dancing) To freeze one's body or a part thereof in place.
- To furnish (a canal) with locks.
- To raise or lower (a boat) in a lock.
- To seize (e.g. the sword arm of an antagonist) by turning the left arm around it, to disarm him.
- To modify (a thread) so that users cannot make new posts in it.
- (WMF jargon) To prevent a page from being edited by other users.
- A tuft or length of hair, wool etc.
- A small quantity of straw etc.
- A quantity of meal, the perquisite of a mill-servant.
Definition of locos
- A certain species of Astragalus or Oxytropis, capable of causing locoism.
- To poison with the loco plant; to affect with locoism.
- (by extension) To render insane.
- A locomotive.
Definition of locum
- Short for locum tenens.
- A share in a Genoese trading vessel.