Looking for a clue for todays Wordle or another Word game? Look no further! We got you covered. We got a few plausible five letter words starting with jum.
Sometimes the solution is an uncommon word, then It’s time to learn something new. Here’s the definition of a few of these words:
Definition of jumar
- A device, used to clip on a rope, that tightens when weight is applied, thus allowing the rope to be climbed.
- To climb using this device.
Definition of jumbo
- An especially large or powerful person, animal, or thing.
- A platform-mounted machine for drilling rock.
- Especially large or powerful.
- Short for mumbo jumbo.
Definition of jumps
- The act of jumping; a leap; a spring; a bound.
- An effort; an attempt; a venture.
- A dislocation in a stratum; a fault.
- An abrupt interruption of level in a piece of brickwork or masonry.
- An instance of propelling oneself upwards.
- An object which causes one to jump, a ramp.
- An instance of causing oneself to fall from an elevated location.
- An instance of employing a parachute to leave an aircraft or elevated location.
- An instance of reacting to a sudden stimulus by jerking the body.
- A jumping move in a board game.
- A button (of a joypad, joystick or similar device) used to make a video game character jump (propel itself upwards).
- An obstacle that forms part of a showjumping course, and that the horse has to jump over cleanly.
- (with on) An early start or an advantage.
- A discontinuity in the graph of a function, where the function is continuous in a punctured interval of the discontinuity.
- An instance of faster-than-light travel, not observable from ordinary space.
- A change of the path of execution to a different location.
- Short for jump-start.
- To propel oneself rapidly upward, downward and/or in any horizontal direction such that momentum causes the body to become airborne.
- To cause oneself to leave an elevated location and fall downward.
- To pass by a spring or leap; to overleap.
- To employ a parachute to leave an aircraft or elevated location.
- To react to a sudden, often unexpected, stimulus (such as a sharp prick or a loud sound) by jerking the body violently.
- To increase sharply, to rise, to shoot up.
- To employ a move in certain board games where one game piece is moved from one legal position to another passing over the position of another piece.
- To move to a position (in a queue/line) that is further forward.
- To attack suddenly and violently.
- To engage in sexual intercourse with (a person).
- To cause to jump.
- To move the distance between two opposing subjects.
- To increase the height of a tower crane by inserting a section at the base of the tower and jacking up everything above it.
- To increase speed aggressively and without warning.
- To expose to danger; to risk; to hazard.
- (smithwork) To join by a buttweld.
- To thicken or enlarge by endwise blows; to upset.
- (quarrying) To bore with a jumper.
- To coincide; to agree; to accord; to tally; followed by with.
- To start executing code from a different location, rather than following the program counter.
- To flee; to make one's escape.
- A kind of loose jacket for men.
- A bodice worn instead of stays by women in the 18th century.
- An occasion when a performer or team of them (especially in vaudeville) expects to perform at a theater for a single evening.
- A single sexual encounter between two individuals, where at least one of the partners has no immediate intention or expectation of establishing a longer-term sexual or romantic relationship. As the phrase implies, the relationship lasts for only one night.
- Either of the two partners involved in such a single sexual encounter.
Definition of jumpy
- Nervous and excited.