Looking for a clue for todays Wordle or another Word game? Look no further! We got you covered. We got a few plausible five letter words starting with ind.
Sometimes the solution is an uncommon word, then It’s time to learn something new. Here’s the definition of a few of these words:
Definition of index
- An alphabetical listing of items and their location.
- The index finger; the forefinger.
- A movable finger on a gauge, scale, etc.
- A symbol resembling a pointing hand, used to direct particular attention to a note or paragraph.
- That which points out; that which shows, indicates, manifests, or discloses.
- A sign; an indication; a token.
- A type of noun where the meaning of the form changes with respect to the context. E.g., 'Today's newspaper' is an indexical form since its referent will differ depending on the context. See also icon and symbol.
- A single number calculated from an array of prices or of quantities.
- A number representing a property or ratio, a coefficient.
- A raised suffix indicating a power.
- An integer or other key indicating the location of data e.g. within an array, vector, database table, associative array, or hash table.
- A data structure that improves the performance of operations on a table.
- A prologue indicating what follows.
- To arrange an index for something, especially a long text.
- To inventory, to take stock.
- To normalise in order to account for inflation; to correct for inflation by linking to a price index in order to maintain real levels.
- To be indexical for (some situation or state of affairs); to indicate.
- To access a value in a data container by an index.
Definition of indri
- One of the largest living lemurs (Indri indri), native to Madagascar.