Looking for a clue for todays Wordle or another Word game? Look no further! We got you covered. We got quite a few plausible five letter words starting with hol.
Sometimes the solution is an uncommon word, then It’s time to learn something new. Here’s the definition of a few of these words:
Definition of holds
- A grasp or grip.
- An act or instance of holding.
- A place where animals are held for safety
- An order that something is to be reserved or delayed, limiting or preventing how it can be dealt with.
- Something reserved or kept.
- Power over someone or something.
- The ability to persist.
- The property of maintaining the shape of styled hair.
- A position or grip used to control the opponent.
- (exercise) An exercise involving holding a position for a set time
- The percentage the house wins on a gamble, the house or bookmaker's hold.
- The wager amount, the total hold.
- An instance of holding one's service game, as opposed to being broken.
- The part of an object one is intended to grasp, or anything one can use for grasping with hands or feet.
- A fruit machine feature allowing one or more of the reels to remain fixed while the others spin.
- A pause facility.
- The queueing system on telephones and similar communication systems which maintains a connection when all lines are busy.
- A statistic awarded to a relief pitcher who is not still pitching at the end of the game and who records at least one out and maintains a lead for his team.
- A region of airspace reserved for aircraft being kept in a holding pattern.
- To grasp or grip.
- To contain or store.
- (heading) To maintain or keep to a position or state.
- (heading) To maintain or keep to particular opinions, promises, actions.
- To win one's own service game.
- To take place, to occur.
- To organise an event or meeting (usually in passive voice).
- To derive right or title.
- In a food or drink order at an informal restaurant etc., requesting that a component normally included in that order be omitted.
- To be in possession of illicit drugs for sale.
- The cargo area of a ship or aircraft (often holds or cargo hold).
Definition of holed
- To make holes in (an object or surface).
- (by extension) To destroy.
- To go into a hole.
- To drive into a hole, as an animal, or a billiard ball or golf ball.
- To cut, dig, or bore a hole or holes in.
- Having one or more holes.
Definition of holos