Looking for a clue for todays Wordle or another Word game? Look no further! We got you covered. We got quite a few plausible five letter words starting with gn.
Sometimes the solution is an uncommon word, then It’s time to learn something new. Here’s the definition of a few of these words:
Definition of gnats
- Any small insect of the order Diptera, specifically within the suborder Nematocera.
Definition of gnaws
- To bite something persistently, especially something tough.
- To produce excessive anxiety or worry.
- To corrode; to fret away; to waste.
Definition of gnome
- A brief reflection or maxim; a pithy saying.
- (magic, Rosicrucianism) An elemental (spirit or corporeal creature associated with a classical element) associated with earth.
- (fantasy literature) One of a race of imaginary human-like beings, usually depicted as short and typically bearded males, who inhabit the inner parts of the earth and act as guardians of mines, mineral treasure, etc.; in modern fantasy literature, when distinguished from dwarves, gnomes are usually even smaller than dwarves and more focussed on engineering than mining.
- A dwarf; a goblin; a person of small stature or misshapen features, or of strange appearance.
- The northern pygmy owl, Glaucidium gnoma, a small owl of the western United States.
- A small statue of a dwarf-like character, often bearded, placed in a garden.
- An upper atmospheric optical phenomenon associated with thunderstorms, a compact blue starter.
- A banker, especially a secretive international one.