Looking for a clue for todays Wordle or another Word game? Look no further! We got you covered. We got alot (58 of them) plausible five letter words starting with gi.
Sometimes the solution is an uncommon word, then It’s time to learn something new. Here’s the definition of a few of these words:
Definition of gimps
- A narrow ornamental fabric or braid of silk, wool, or cotton, often stiffened with metallic wire or coarse cord running through it, used as trimming for dresses, curtains, furniture, etc. Also guimpe.
- Any coarse or reinforced thread, such as a glazed thread employed in lacemaking to outline designs, or silk thread used as a fishing leader, protected from the bite of fish by a wrapping of fine wire.
- The plastic cord used in the plaiting and knotting craft Scoubidou (lanyard making); or, the process itself.
- (chiefly North Eastern US) Gumption
- (of yarn, cord, thread, etc.) To wrap or wind (surround) with another length of yarn or wire in a tight spiral, often by means of a gimping machine, creating 'gimped yarn', etc. Also, generally, to wrap or twist with string or wire. See gimped.
- To notch or indent; to jag or make jagged; to edge with serrations or grooves.
- A person who is lame due to a crippling of the legs or feet.
- A crippled leg.
- A limp or a limping gait.
- A name-calling word, generally for a person who is perceived to be inept, deficient or peculiar
- (BDSM) A sexual submissive, almost always male, dressed generally in a black leather suit. See Gimp (sadomasochism) in Wikipedia.
- A character or ability that is underpowered.
- To limp; to hobble.
- To make underpowered; to limit or restrict the useful effects of.
Definition of gipsy
- (sometimes offensive) A member of the Romani people, or one of the sub-groups (Roma, Sinti, Romanichal, etc).
- An itinerant person or any person, not necessarily Romani; a tinker, a traveller or a carny.
- (sometimes offensive) A move in contra dancing in which two dancers walk in a circle around each other while maintaining eye contact (but not touching as in a swing). (Compare whole gyp, half gyp, and gypsy meltdown, in which this step precedes a swing.)
- A member of a Broadway musical chorus line.
- A person with a dark complexion.
- A sly, roguish woman.
- To roam around the country like a gypsy.
- To perform the gypsy step in contra dancing.