Looking for a clue for todays Wordle or another Word game? Look no further! We got you covered. We got a few plausible five letter words starting with fol.
Sometimes the solution is an uncommon word, then It’s time to learn something new. Here’s the definition of a few of these words:
Definition of folds
- An act of folding.
- A bend or crease.
- Any correct move in origami.
- (newspapers) The division between the top and bottom halves of a broadsheet: headlines above the fold will be readable in a newsstand display; usually the fold.
- (by extension) The division between the part of a web page visible in a web browser window without scrolling; usually the fold.
- That which is folded together, or which enfolds or envelops; embrace.
- The bending or curving of one or a stack of originally flat and planar surfaces, such as sedimentary strata, as a result of plastic (i.e. permanent) deformation.
- In functional programming, any of a family of higher-order functions that process a data structure recursively to build up a value.
- A section of source code that can be collapsed out of view in an editor to aid readability.
- To bend (any thin material, such as paper) over so that it comes in contact with itself.
- To make the proper arrangement (in a thin material) by bending.
- To become folded; to form folds.
- To fall over; to be crushed.
- To enclose within folded arms (see also enfold).
- To give way on a point or in an argument.
- To withdraw from betting.
- (by extension) To withdraw or quit in general.
- To stir gently, with a folding action.
- Of a company, to cease to trade.
- To double or lay together, as the arms or the hands.
- To cover or wrap up; to conceal.
- A pen or enclosure for sheep or other domestic animals.
- (collective) A group of sheep or goats.
- Home, family.
- A church congregation, a group of people who adhere to a common faith and habitually attend a given church; the Christian church as a whole, the flock of Christ.
- A group of people with shared ideas or goals or who live or work together.
- A boundary or limit.
- To confine animals in a fold.
Definition of foley
- The creation of sound effects, and their addition to film and TV images
- A foley artist
- A Foley catheter.
Definition of folio
- A leaf of a book or manuscript
- A page of a book, that is, one side of a leaf of a book.
- A page number. The even folios are on the left-hand pages and the odd folios on the right-hand pages.
- A sheet of paper folded in half.
- (books) A book made of sheets of paper each folded in half (two leaves or four pages to the sheet); hence, a book of the largest kind, exceeding 30 cm in height.
- A page in an account book; sometimes, two opposite pages bearing the same serial number.
- (19th to early 20th century) A leaf containing a certain number of words; hence, a certain number of words in a writing, as in England, in law proceedings 72, and in chancery, 90; in New York, 100 words.
- A wrapper for loose papers.
- To put a serial number on each folio or page of (a book); to page
Definition of folks
- A grouping of smaller peoples or tribes as a nation.
- The inhabitants of a region, especially the native inhabitants.
- (plural: folks) One’s relatives, especially one’s parents.
- Folk music.
- People in general.
- A particular group of people.
- The members of one's immediate family, especially one's parents
- People in general; everybody or anybody.
- The police.
- (California) Late 19th and early 20th century migrants to California from Iowa and other parts of the Midwestern United States.
Definition of folky
- Having the character of folk music