Looking for a clue for todays Wordle or another Word game? Look no further! We got you covered. We got quite a few plausible five letter words starting with fli.
Sometimes the solution is an uncommon word, then It’s time to learn something new. Here’s the definition of a few of these words:
Definition of flick
- A short, quick movement, especially a brush, sweep, or flip.
- A motion picture; (in plural, usually preceded by "the") movie theater, cinema.
- A cut that lands with the point, often involving a whip of the foible of the blade to strike at a concealed target.
- A powerful underarm volley shot.
- The act of pressing a place on a touch screen device.
- A flitch.
- A unit of time, equal to 1/705,600,000 of a second
- To move or hit (something) with a short, quick motion.
Definition of flies
- The open area above a stage where scenery and equipment may be hung.
- Any insect of the order Diptera; characterized by having two wings (except for some wingless species), also called true flies.
- (non-technical) Especially, any of the insects of the family Muscidae, such as the common housefly (other families of Diptera include mosquitoes and midges).
- Any similar, but unrelated insect such as dragonfly or butterfly.
- A lightweight fishing lure resembling an insect.
- A chest exercise performed by moving extended arms from the sides to in front of the chest. (also flye)
- A witch's familiar.
- A parasite.
- The butterfly stroke (plural is normally flys)
- (preceded by definite article) A simple dance in which the hands are shaken in the air, popular in the 1960s.
- The action of flying; flight.
- An act of flying.
- A fly ball.
- A type of small, fast carriage (sometimes pluralised flys).
- A piece of canvas that covers the opening at the front of a tent.
- (often plural) A strip of material (sometimes hiding zippers or buttons) at the front of a pair of trousers, pants, underpants, bootees, etc.
- The free edge of a flag.
- The horizontal length of a flag.
- An exercise that involves wide opening and closing of the arms perpendicular to the shoulders.
- The part of a vane pointing the direction from which the wind blows.
- That part of a compass on which the points are marked; the compass card.
- Two or more vanes set on a revolving axis, to act as a fanner, or to equalize or impede the motion of machinery by the resistance of the air, as in the striking part of a clock.
- A heavy wheel, or cross arms with weights at the ends on a revolving axis, to regulate or equalize the motion of machinery by means of its inertia, where the power communicated, or the resistance to be overcome, is variable, as in the steam engine or the coining press. See flywheel.
- A light horse-drawn carriage that can be hired for transportation.
- In a knitting machine, the piece hinged to the needle, which holds the engaged loop in position while the needle is penetrating another loop; a latch.
- The pair of arms revolving around the bobbin, in a spinning wheel or spinning frame, to twist the yarn.
- A shuttle driven through the shed by a blow or jerk.
- The person who took the printed sheets from the press.
- A vibrating frame with fingers, attached to a power printing press for doing the same work.
- One of the upper screens of a stage in a theatre.
- (cotton manufacture) waste cotton
- To hit a fly ball; to hit a fly ball that is caught for an out. Compare ground (verb) and line (verb).
- To travel through the air, another gas or a vacuum, without being in contact with a grounded surface.
- To flee, to escape (from).
- To cause to fly (travel or float in the air): to transport via air or the like.
- (of a proposal, project or idea) To be accepted, come about or work out.
- To travel very fast, hasten.
- To move suddenly, or with violence; to do an act suddenly or swiftly.
- To display (a flag) on a flagpole.
- To hunt with a hawk.
- (rural) A wing.
Definition of flint
- A hard, fine-grained quartz that fractures conchoidally and generates sparks when struck.
- A piece of flint, such as a gunflint, used to produce a spark by striking it with a firestriker.
- A small cylinder of some other material of the same function in a cigarette lighter, etc.
- A type of maize/corn with a hard outer hull.
- Anything figuratively hard.
- To furnish or decorate an object with flint.
Definition of flips
- A maneuver which rotates an object end over end.
- A complete change of direction, decision, movement etc.
- A slingshot.
- A hairstyle popular among boys in the 1960s–70s and 2000s–10s, in which the hair goes halfway down the ears, at which point it sticks out
- The purchase of an asset (usually a house) which is then improved and sold quickly for profit.
- To throw so as to turn over.
- To put into a quick revolving motion through a snap of the thumb and index finger.
- To win a state (or county) won by another party in the preceding elections
- To turn state's evidence; to agree to testify against one's co-conspirators in exchange for concessions from prosecutors.
- To induce someone to turn state's evidence; to get someone to agree to testify against their co-conspirators in exchange for concessions.
- To go berserk or crazy.
- To buy an asset (usually a house), improve it and sell it quickly for profit.
- To invert a bit (binary digit), changing it from 0 to 1 or from 1 to 0.
Definition of flits
- A fluttering or darting movement.
- A particular, unexpected, short lived change of state.
- A homosexual.
- To move about rapidly and nimbly.
- To move quickly from one location to another.
- To unpredictably change state for short periods of time.
- To move house (sometimes a sudden move to avoid debts).
- To be unstable; to be easily or often moved.