Looking for a clue for todays Wordle or another Word game? Look no further! We got you covered. We got a few plausible five letter words starting with eth.
Sometimes the solution is an uncommon word, then It’s time to learn something new. Here’s the definition of a few of these words:
Definition of ether
- The substance formerly supposed to fill the upper regions of the atmosphere above the clouds, in particular as a medium breathed by deities.
- Often as aether and more fully as luminiferous aether: a substance once thought to fill all unoccupied space that allowed electromagnetic waves to pass through it and interact with matter, without exerting any resistance to matter or energy; its existence was disproved by the 1887 Michelson–Morley experiment and the theory of relativity propounded by Albert Einstein (1879–1955).
- The atmosphere or space as a medium for broadcasting radio and television signals; also, a notional space through which Internet and other digital communications take place; cyberspace.
- A particular quality created by or surrounding an object, person, or place; an atmosphere, an aura.
- Diethyl ether (C4H10O), an organic compound with a sweet odour used in the past as an anaesthetic.
- Any of a class of organic compounds containing an oxygen atom bonded to two hydrocarbon groups.
- To viciously humiliate or insult.
Definition of ethic
- A set of principles of right and wrong behaviour guiding, or representative of, a specific culture, society, group, or individual.
- The morality of an action.
- Moral, relating to morals.
Definition of ethos
- The character or fundamental values of a person, people, culture, or movement.
- A form of rhetoric in which the writer or speaker invokes their authority, competence or expertise in an attempt to persuade others that their view is correct.
- (aesthetics) The traits in a work of art which express the ideal or typic character, as influenced by the ethos (character or fundamental values) of a people, rather than realistic or emotional situations or individual character in a narrow sense; opposed to pathos.
Definition of ethyl
- The univalent hydrocarbon radical, C2H5, formally derived from ethane by the loss of a hydrogen atom.