Looking for a clue for todays Wordle or another Word game? Look no further! We got you covered. We got a few plausible five letter words starting with dev.
Sometimes the solution is an uncommon word, then It’s time to learn something new. Here’s the definition of a few of these words:
Definition of devil
- An evil creature.
- (with article) The chief devil; Satan.
- A fictional image of a man, usually red or orange in skin color; with a set of horns on his head, a pointed goatee and a long tail and carrying a pitchfork; that represents evil and portrayed to children in an effort to discourage bad behavior.
- The bad part of the conscience; the opposite to the angel.
- A wicked or naughty person, or one who harbors reckless, spirited energy, especially in a mischievous way; usually said of a young child.
- A thing that is awkward or difficult to understand or do.
- (with an article, as an intensifier) Hell.
- A person, especially a man; used to express a particular opinion of him, usually in the phrases poor devil and lucky devil.
- A dust devil.
- (Christian Science) An evil or erring entity.
- (in compounds) A barren, unproductive and unused area.
- A dish, as a bone with the meat, broiled and excessively peppered; a grill with Cayenne pepper.
- A machine for tearing or cutting rags, cotton, etc.
- A Tasmanian devil.
- An endurance event where riders who fall behind are periodically eliminated.
- To make like a devil; to invest with the character of a devil.
- To annoy or bother.
- To work as a ‘devil’; to work for a lawyer or writer without fee or recognition.
- To prepare (food) with spices, making it spicy:
Definition of devon
- (Eastern Australia) A type of processed meat sausage.