Looking for a clue for todays Wordle or another Word game? Look no further! We got you covered. We got quite a few plausible five letter words starting with dem.
Sometimes the solution is an uncommon word, then It’s time to learn something new. Here’s the definition of a few of these words:
Definition of demes
- A township or other subdivision of ancient Attica.
- A distinct local population of plants or animals.
Definition of demit
- The act of demitting.
- A document certifying that a person has (honourably) demitted, as from a Masonic lodge.
- To let fall; to depress; to yield.
- To relinquish an office, membership, authority, etc.; to resign, as from a Masonic lodge.
Definition of demon
- An evil supernatural spirit.
- A neutral supernatural spirit.
- Someone with great strength, passion or skill for a particular activity, pursuit etc.; an enthusiast.
- A form of patience (known as Canfield in the US).
- Any of various hesperiid butterflies of the genera Notocrypta and Udaspes.
Definition of demur
- Stop; pause; hesitation as to proceeding; suspense of decision or action; scruple.
- To linger; to stay; to tarry
- To delay; to pause; to suspend proceedings or judgment in view of a doubt or difficulty; to hesitate; to put off the determination or conclusion of an affair.
- To scruple or object; to take exception; to oppose; to balk
- To interpose a demurrer.
- To suspend judgment concerning; to doubt of or hesitate about
- To cause delay to; to put off