Looking for a clue for todays Wordle or another Word game? Look no further! We got you covered. We got quite a few plausible five letter words starting with cro.
Sometimes the solution is an uncommon word, then It’s time to learn something new. Here’s the definition of a few of these words:
Definition of croci
- A perennial flowering plant (of the genus Crocus in the Iridaceae family). Saffron is obtained from the stamens of Crocus sativus.
- Any of various similar flowering plants, such as the autumn crocus and prairie crocus.
- A deep yellow powder, the oxide of some metal (especially iron), calcined to a red or deep yellow colour.
- A fraudulent doctor; a quack.
Definition of crock
- A stoneware or earthenware jar or storage container.
- A piece of broken pottery, a shard.
- A person who is physically limited by age, illness or injury.
- An old or broken-down vehicle (and formerly a horse or ewe).
- Silly talk, a foolish belief, a poor excuse, nonsense.
- A low stool.
- A patient who is difficult to treat, especially one who complains of a minor or imagined illness.
- To break something or injure someone.
- (leatherworking) To transfer coloring through abrasion from one item to another.
- To cover the drain holes of a planter with stones or similar material, in order to ensure proper drainage.
- To put or store (something) in a crock or pot.
- The loose black particles collected from combustion, as on pots and kettles, or in a chimney; soot; smut.
- Colouring matter that rubs off from cloth.
- To give off crock or smut.
Definition of crocs
- A crocodile.
- A plastic slip-on shoe.
Definition of crook
- A bend; turn; curve; curvature; a flexure.
- A bending of the knee; a genuflection.
- A bent or curved part; a curving piece or portion (of anything).
- A lock or curl of hair.
- A gibbet.
- A support beam consisting of a post with a cross-beam resting upon it; a bracket or truss consisting of a vertical piece, a horizontal piece, and a strut.
- A shepherd's crook; a staff with a semi-circular bend ("hook") at one end used by shepherds.
- A bishop's staff of office.
- An artifice; a trick; a contrivance.
- A person who steals, lies, cheats or does other dishonest or illegal things; a criminal.
- A pothook.
- A small tube, usually curved, applied to a trumpet, horn, etc., to change its pitch or key.
- To bend, or form into a hook.
- To become bent or hooked.
- To turn from the path of rectitude; to pervert; to misapply; to twist.
- Bad, unsatisfactory, not up to standard.
- Ill, sick.
- Annoyed, angry; upset.