Looking for a clue for todays Wordle or another Word game? Look no further! We got you covered. We got a few plausible five letter words starting with cov.
Sometimes the solution is an uncommon word, then It’s time to learn something new. Here’s the definition of a few of these words:
Definition of cover
- A lid.
- Area or situation which screens a person or thing from view.
- The front and back of a book, magazine, CD package, etc.
- The top sheet of a bed.
- A cloth, usually fitted, placed over an item such as a car or sofa to protect it from dust, rain, etc. when not in use.
- A cover charge.
- A setting at a restaurant table or formal dinner.
- A new performance or rerecording of a previously recorded song; a cover version; a cover song.
- A fielding position on the off side, between point and mid off, about 30° forward of square; a fielder in this position.
- A set (more often known as a family) of sets, whose union contains the given set.
- An envelope complete with stamps and postmarks etc.
- A solid object, including terrain, that provides protection from enemy fire.
- In commercial law, a buyer’s purchase on the open market of goods similar or identical to the goods contracted for after a seller has breached a contract of sale by failure to deliver the goods contracted for.
- An insurance contract; coverage by an insurance contract.
- A persona maintained by a spy or undercover operative; cover story.
- A swindler's confederate.
- The portion of a slate, tile, or shingle that is hidden by the overlap of the course above.
- In a steam engine, the lap of a slide valve.
- The distance between reinforcing steel and the exterior of concrete.
- To place something over or upon, as to conceal or protect.
- To be over or upon, as to conceal or protect.
- To be upon all of, so as to completely conceal.
- To set upon all of, so as to completely conceal.
- To put on one's hat.
- To invest (oneself with something); to bring upon (oneself).
- (of a publication) To discuss thoroughly; to provide coverage of.
- To deal with or include someone or something.
- To be enough money for.
- To act as a replacement.
- To have as an assignment or responsibility.
- To make a cover version of (a song that was originally recorded by another artist).
- (law enforcement) To protect using an aimed firearm and the threat of firing; or to protect using continuous, heaving fire at or in the direction of the enemy so as to force the enemy to remain in cover; or to threaten using an aimed firearm.
- To provide insurance coverage for.
- To copulate with (said of certain male animals such as dogs and horses).
- To protect or control (a piece or square).
- To extend over a given period of time or range, to occupy, to stretch over a given area.
- To defend a particular player or area.
- Of or pertaining to the front cover of a book or magazine.
- Of, pertaining to, or consisting of cover versions.
Definition of coves
- A hollow in a rock; a cave or cavern.
- A concave vault or archway, especially the arch of a ceiling.
- A small coastal inlet, especially one having high cliffs protecting vessels from prevailing winds.
- A strip of prairie extending into woodland.
- A recess or sheltered area on the slopes of a mountain.
- The wooden roof of the stern gallery of an old sailing warship.
- A thin line, sometimes gilded, along a yacht's strake below deck level.
- (thieves' cant) A fellow; a man.
- A friend; a mate.
Definition of covet
- To wish for with eagerness; to desire possession of, often enviously.
- To long for inordinately or unlawfully; to hanker after (something forbidden).
- To yearn; to have or indulge an inordinate desire, especially for another's possession.
Definition of covey
- A group of 8–12 (or more) quail.
- A brood of partridges, grouse, etc.
- A party or group (of persons or things).
- To brood; to incubate.
- A man.
Definition of covin
- Fraud, deception.