Looking for a clue for todays Wordle or another Word game? Look no further! We got you covered. We got quite a few plausible five letter words starting with cor.
Sometimes the solution is an uncommon word, then It’s time to learn something new. Here’s the definition of a few of these words:
Definition of corks
- The bark of the cork oak, which is very light and porous and used for making bottle stoppers, flotation devices, and insulation material.
- A bottle stopper made from this or any other material.
- An angling float, also traditionally made of oak cork.
- The cork oak, Quercus suber.
- The dead protective tissue between the bark and cambium in woody plants, with suberin deposits making it impervious to gasses and water.
- To seal or stop up, especially with a cork stopper.
- To blacken (as) with a burnt cork
- To leave the cork in a bottle after attempting to uncork it.
- To fill with cork, as the center of a baseball bat.
- To injure through a blow; to induce a haematoma.
- To position one's drift net just outside of another person's net, thereby intercepting and catching all the fish that would have gone into that person's net.
- An aerialist maneuver involving a rotation where the rider goes heels over head, with the board overhead.
- To perform such a maneuver.
Definition of corps
- A battlefield formation composed of two or more divisions.
- An organized group of people united by a common purpose.
- A non-commissioned officer army rank with NATO code OR-4. The rank below a sergeant but above a lance corporal and private.
- A non-commissioned officer rank in the police force, below a sergeant but above a private or patrolman.
- A worker in charge of the wagonway, reporting to the deputy.
- The white linen cloth on which the elements of the Eucharist are placed; a communion cloth.
- A body corporate, created by law or under authority of law, having a continuous existence independent of the existences of its members, and powers and liabilities distinct from those of its members.
- The municipal governing body of a borough or city.
- In Fascist Italy, a joint association of employers' and workers' representatives.
- A protruding belly; a paunch.