Looking for a clue for todays Wordle or another Word game? Look no further! We got you covered. We got quite a few plausible five letter words starting with cle.
Sometimes the solution is an uncommon word, then It’s time to learn something new. Here’s the definition of a few of these words:
Definition of cleat
- A strip of wood or iron fastened on transversely to something in order to give strength, prevent warping, hold position, etc.
- A continuous metal strip, or angled piece, used to secure metal components.
- A device to quickly affix a line or rope, and from which it is also easy to release.
- A protrusion on the bottom of a shoe meant for better traction. (See cleats.)
- To strengthen with a cleat.
- To tie off, affix, stopper a line or rope, especially to a cleat.
Definition of clepe
- A cry; an appeal; a call.
- To give a call; cry out; appeal.
- To call; call upon; cry out to.
- To call to oneself; invite; summon.
- To call; call by the name of; name.
- (often with 'on') To tell lies about; inform against (someone).
- To be loquacious; tattle; gossip.
- To report; relate; tell.
Definition of clews
- A roughly spherical mass or body.
- A ball of thread or yarn.
- Yarn or thread as used to guide one's way through a maze or labyrinth; a guide, a clue.
- The lower corner(s) of a sail to which a sheet is attached for trimming the sail (adjusting its position relative to the wind); the metal loop or cringle in the corner of the sail, to which the sheet is attached. (on a triangular sail) The trailing corner relative to the wind direction.
- (in the plural) The sheets so attached to a sail.
- (in the plural) The cords suspending a hammock.
- A strand of yarn etc. as used to guide one through a labyrinth; something which points the way, a guide.
- Information which may lead one to a certain point or conclusion.
- An object or a kind of indication which may be used as evidence.
- Insight or understanding ("to have a clue [about]" or "to have clue". See have a clue, clue stick)