Looking for a clue for todays Wordle or another Word game? Look no further! We got you covered. We got quite a few plausible five letter words starting with cau.
Sometimes the solution is an uncommon word, then It’s time to learn something new. Here’s the definition of a few of these words:
Definition of cauls
- A style of close-fitting circular cap worn by women in the sixteenth century and later, often made of linen.
- (often capitalized, used on maps) An entry to a mill lead taken from a burn or stream (a mill lead (or mill waterway) is generally smaller than a canal but moves a large volume of water).
- A membrane.
- The thin membrane which covers the lower intestines; the omentum.
- The amnion which encloses the foetus before birth, especially that part of it which sometimes shrouds a baby’s head at birth (traditionally considered to be good luck).
- The surface of a press that makes contact with panel product, especially a removable plate or sheet.
- A strip or block of wood used to distribute or direct clamping force.
- Caul fat.
Definition of cause
- (often with of, typically of adverse results) The source of, or reason for, an event or action; that which produces or effects a result.
- (especially with for and a bare noun) Sufficient reason for a state, as of emotion.
- A goal, aim or principle, especially one which transcends purely selfish ends.
- Sake; interest; advantage.
- Any subject of discussion or debate; a matter; an affair.
- A suit or action in court; any legal process by which a party endeavors to obtain his claim, or what he regards as his right; case; ground of action.
- To set off an event or action.
- (ditransitive) To actively produce as a result, by means of force or authority.
- To assign or show cause; to give a reason; to make excuse.