Looking for a clue for todays Wordle or another Word game? Look no further! We got you covered. We got quite a few plausible five letter words starting with cal.
Sometimes the solution is an uncommon word, then It’s time to learn something new. Here’s the definition of a few of these words:
Definition of calks
- A pointed projection on a horseshoe to prevent it slipping.
- A spike on the sole of a boot to prevent slipping, particularly used in logging
- To make an indentation in the edge of a metal plate, as along a seam in a steam boiler or an iron ship, to force the edge of the upper plate hard against the lower and so fill the crevice.
- To drive oakum into the seams of a ship's wooden deck or hull to make it watertight.
- To apply caulking to joints, cracks, or a juncture of different materials.
Definition of calls
- A telephone conversation.
- A short visit, usually for social purposes.
- A visit by a ship or boat to a port.
- A cry or shout.
- A decision or judgement.
- The characteristic cry of a bird or other animal.
- A beckoning or summoning.
- The right to speak at a given time during a debate or other public event; the floor.
- An option to buy stock at a specified price during or at a specified time.
- The act of calling to the other batsman.
- The state of being the batsman whose role it is to call (depends on where the ball goes.)
- A work shift which requires one to be available when requested (see on call).
- The act of jumping to a subprogram, saving the means to return to the original point.
- A statement of a particular state, or rule, made in many games such as bridge, craps, jacks, and so on.
- The act of matching a bet made by a player who has previously bet in the same round of betting.
- A note blown on the horn to encourage the dogs in a hunt.
- A whistle or pipe, used by the boatswain and his mate to summon the sailors to duty.
- A pipe or other instrument to call birds or animals by imitating their note or cry. A game call.
- An invitation to take charge of or serve a church as its pastor.
- Vocation; employment; calling.
- A reference to, or statement of, an object, course, distance, or other matter of description in a survey or grant requiring or calling for a corresponding object, etc., on the land.
- (prostitution) A meeting with a client for paid sex; hookup; job.
- (heading) To use one's voice.
- (heading) To visit.
- (heading) To name, identify or describe.
- (heading) Direct or indirect use of the voice.
- (sometimes with for) To require, demand.
- To announce the early extinction of a debt by prepayment, usually at a premium.
- To demand repayment of a loan.
- To jump to (another part of a program) to perform some operation, returning to the original point on completion.
Definition of calms
- (in a person) The state of being calm; peacefulness; absence of worry, anger, fear or other strong negative emotion.
- (in a place or situation) The state of being calm; absence of noise and disturbance.
- A period of time without wind.
- To make calm.
- To become calm.
Definition of calyx
- The outermost whorl of flower parts, comprising the sepals, which covers and protects the petals as they develop.
- Any of various cup-like structures.