Looking for a clue for todays Wordle or another Word game? Look no further! We got you covered. We got quite a few plausible five letter words starting with by.
Sometimes the solution is an uncommon word, then It’s time to learn something new. Here’s the definition of a few of these words:
Definition of bylaw
- A local custom or law of a settlement or district.
- A rule made by a local authority to regulate its own affairs.
- A law or rule governing the internal affairs of an organization (e.g., corporation or business).
Definition of byssi
- An exceptionally fine and valuable fibre or cloth of ancient times. Originally used for fine flax and linens, the word was later extended to fine cottons, silks, and sea silk.
- The long fine silky filaments excreted by several mollusks (particularly Pinna nobilis) by which they attach themselves to the sea bed, and from which sea silk is manufactured.
- The stipe or stem of some fungi which are particularly thin and thread-like.
Definition of byway
- A road that is not frequently travelled
- (by extension) an unpopular or arcane field of study