Looking for a clue for todays Wordle or another Word game? Look no further! We got you covered. We got quite a few plausible five letter words starting with bur.
Sometimes the solution is an uncommon word, then It’s time to learn something new. Here’s the definition of a few of these words:
Definition of burfi
- An Indian dessert made from sweetened, condensed milk flavoured with fruit and spices.
Definition of burka
- An Islamic garment that covers the whole body, which has a net screen covering the eyes so they cannot be seen, and is worn by women.
- A dress made from felt or karakul (the short curly fur of young lambs of the breed of that name), traditionally worn by men of the Caucasus region.
Definition of burly
- (usually of a man) Large, well-built, and muscular.
- (East End of London) Great, amazing, unbelievable.
- (surf culture and/or Southern California) Of large magnitude, either good or bad, and sometimes both.
- Full of burls or knots; knotty.
Definition of burnt
- To cause to be consumed by fire.
- To be consumed by fire, or in flames.
- To overheat so as to make unusable.
- To become overheated to the point of being unusable.
- To make or produce by the application of fire or burning heat.
- To injure (a person or animal) with heat or chemicals that produce similar damage.
- To cauterize.
- To sunburn.
- To consume, injure, or change the condition of, as if by action of fire or heat; to affect as fire or heat does.
- To be hot, e.g. due to embarrassment.
- To cause to combine with oxygen or other active agent, with evolution of heat; to consume; to oxidize.
- To combine energetically, with evolution of heat.
- To write data to a permanent storage medium like a compact disc or a ROM chip.
- To betray.
- To insult or defeat.
- To waste (time); to waste money or other resources.
- In certain games, to approach near to a concealed object which is sought.
- To accidentally touch a moving stone.
- In pontoon, to swap a pair of cards for another pair, or to deal a dead card.
- To increase the exposure for certain areas of a print in order to make them lighter (compare dodge).
- (of an element) To be converted to another element in a nuclear fusion reaction, especially in a star
- To discard.
- To shoot someone with a firearm.
- Damaged or injured by fire or heat.
- (of food) Carbonised.
- (of a person) Having a sunburn.
- (of a colour) Being darker than standard, especially browner.