Looking for a clue for todays Wordle or another Word game? Look no further! We got you covered. We got quite a few plausible five letter words starting with au.
Sometimes the solution is an uncommon word, then It’s time to learn something new. Here’s the definition of a few of these words:
Definition of auger
- A carpenter's tool for boring holes longer than those bored by a gimlet.
- A snake or plumber's snake (plumbing tool).
- A tool used to bore holes in the ground, e.g. for fence posts
- A hollow drill used to take core samples of soil, ice, etc. for scientific study.
- To use an auger; to drill a hole using an auger.
- To proceed in the manner of an auger.
Definition of aught
- Anything whatsoever, any part.
- Whit, the smallest part, iota.
- The digit zero as the decade in years. For example, aught-nine for 1909 or 2009.
- At all, in any degree, in any respect.
- Of importance or consequence (in the phrase "of aught").
- Esteem, respect.
- Property; possession
- Duty; place; office
- To own, possess
- To owe, be obliged or obligated to
- Possessed of
- A numerical value equal to 8; the number occurring after seven and before nine.
- Describing a group or set with eight elements.