Looking for a clue for todays Wordle or another Word game? Look no further! We got you covered. We got a few plausible five letter words starting with amb.
Sometimes the solution is an uncommon word, then It’s time to learn something new. Here’s the definition of a few of these words:
Definition of amber
- Ambergris, the waxy product of the sperm whale.
- A hard, generally yellow to brown translucent fossil resin, used for jewellery. One variety, blue amber, appears blue rather than yellow under direct sunlight.
- A yellow-orange colour.
- The intermediate light in a set of three traffic lights, which when illuminated indicates that drivers should stop short of the intersection if it is safe to do so.
- The stop codon (nucleotide triplet) "UAG", or a mutant which has this stop codon at a premature place in its DNA sequence.
- To perfume or flavour with ambergris.
- To preserve in amber.
- To cause to take on the yellow colour of amber.
- To take on the yellow colour of amber.
- Of a brownish yellow colour, like that of most amber.
Definition of ambit
- The sphere or area of control and influence of something.
- A circuit, or a boundary around a property.
- The extent of actions, thoughts, or the meaning of words, etc.
Definition of ambos
- A raised platform in an early Christian church, as well as in the Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, and Eastern Catholic churches.
- A stationary podium used for readings and homilies.
- An ambulance driver.
- An ambulance.
Definition of ambry
- A bookcase; a library or archive.
- A storehouse, especially a niche or recess in a wall used for storage.
- A pantry, or place to store food.
- A cupboard or storage area in a church to hold books, communion vessels, vestments, etc.; an armarium.